Total Pageviews

Pages

Blog Archive

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gapping the Bridge


Here you come again, with all your sweet words
Telling me things, I’ve already heard
Looking at me with those deep, bedroom eyes
I cannot resist being soothed by your lies
Abused and consumed by those lies

I said goodbye, I watched you go
But deep in my heart, I already know
You will be back, to take more of me
And I’ll try again, to be what you want me to be
Not what I need to be....

I wish I had the strength to just end it clean
The ability to say and stand by what I mean
Because I can hear the bridge between us snap
Every time you come and go it just widens the gaps

You came back to me, you couldn’t stay away
I let you come, because without you my days were so gray
But soon enough, you made me regret giving in
It’s always a battle that neither of us wins
In the end neither of us ever wins....

Back and forth we’ve gone now, for much, much too long
Trying to start over new, or right the old wrongs
But this time around, there’s no bridge left to cross
Just a wide channel filled with a deep river of loss
All hope of love drowned in a river of loss

I wish I’d had the strength to just end it clean
I wish I’d been able to say and stand by what I’d mean
Because all of the love in my heart has been tapped
And all that is left are the pieces of a bridge that was gapped
© All Textual Rights Reserved by Kristiana Bennett

No comments: