Total Pageviews

Pages

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Encounter


A simple catastrophe
The exchange of idle pleasantries, while thinking of possibilities
From the first glance a connection was made that transformed the situation
We went from being complete strangers,
To necessary acquaintances
I saw through the sanguine smile
And intuited that his heart had traveled many miles over rocky terrains
He was a shadow in the deep blue of dusk
At a point where he needed a rest stop
I thought my heart would pop
Because...
My body felt the heat of hellfire
And higher my spirit went
Thinking, he's from heaven sent
I, wanting to rejoice, counted my blessings in his presence
Praying for communion with his soul
So the world might bear witness to my testimonies
Notion of him and his spirit in ME
More and more conversations transpired
Produced sparks that led to intellectual, physical and emotional brushfires
A precursor to the denouement
He, a supernatural phenomenon
Voice resonating with intelligence
Body boasting confidence
Silently proclaimed that he was king of this concrete jungle
I tried not to underestimate his game
Calculating each move like Bobby Fisher
I attempted to figure out how to position myself to put him in mate
Defining the moment I met him as fate
I titled each consequent meeting as destiny
At this point, all reason deserted me
I got ensnared seeking the divine
Through eyes that were blind
He bore my soul away
And now nothing but a hole remains
A sweet melody absent of refrains
He forced an anomaly in the emotional equation because my affection was unrequited
I was enslaved by his teasing caresses, passion, empty promises and dirty talk
I followed behind him stumbling, while he walked
I, the sentimental fool
Constantly the martyred one
Allowed my being to accept the tab for the greater sum
Of mindless infatuation
In my efforts toward emotional prosperity
I have come to acknowledge that the truth about love
Is that it is nothing more than an unquestioned fallacy we take for granted
In order to live
Yet, I know that again my soul I'd give
To the rack
To be wrought
On hot irons....
© All Textual Rights Reserved by Kristiana Bennett


No comments: