Total Pageviews

Pages

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Lamb's Lion (Unfinished)

Sweetness can be sharper than any blade
With unerring accuracy, he always hits his mark
I'm left wounded, defenseless and weak
In a pool of negativity
There's no shield strong enough to deflect an arrow shot from kindness's quiver
No thought left untainted by love smeared upon the tip
No hurt, dissatisfaction, or pettiness substantial enough to build a fortress of indifference with
I'm left exposed
A capricious carnivore
Disenchanted with a broken-hearty diet and the company of like predators
I elected to subdue my primal instincts and surrender myself to a man with the disposition of a lamb, gentle, compassionate, innocent and tame
I changed the game
And followed him to greener pastures
Leaving the jungle littered with the debris of a slew of shredded conquests, and remnants of my own innocence, without a backward glance
I lost myself in the green of growing things
The shifting blues and grays of sky-like eyes
And the brown and beige of a stable and secure space 
© All Textual Rights Reserved By Kristiana Bennett

No comments: