Total Pageviews

Pages

Blog Archive

Friday, November 18, 2011

Welcome Back

To what depths can you/will you travel? Puddle deep? Ocean fathoms? I've had to face some hard truths lately. Truths about myself, my perception of people, and the world. For most of my life I've had energy projected onto me and have in turn projected it onto others. Because of certain physical attributes that I possess, I started being objectified at an extremely early age. I always resented it, but learned to use it to my advantage in self-defense. Much of the time it worked for me, but just as often, maybe more often than not, it has hindered me. The role/archetype that I played superseded the real. So now I say to myself, "Welcome back," and to everyone else, "Watch out, because you ain't seen nothing yet..."

Thank you Joan, Deborah, Edwin, EJ, and Brett for your insights and guidance :-)


No comments: