Total Pageviews

Pages

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

God's Amazing Grace


When we first met, I was drawn against my will
Because when your eyes gazed into mine, I felt that instant thrill
Like the moon and tide, there was an irresistible pull
I ate up all your sweet words and never seemed to get full
The more I saw of you, the more of you I needed
So much so, that all the warnings I gave to myself went unheeded
You were warmth and tenderness wrapped in a gorgeous package
But you definitely came with a WHOLE LOT of baggage
My head entered into a terrible battle with my heart
Until my peace of mind was simply shredded, torn apart
Looking at you was like looking into Lucifer's terribly beautiful face
But the way you made love, well, it felt like God's amazing grace...
I didn't know what to do about feelings so immense
I was mesmerized, lost in a sweetly seductive trance
Even when you weren't inside of me, you were
Everything but you became a hazy insubstantial blur
I realized quickly that it was all way too much for me
And despite your many...gifts, you weren't the man I needed you to be
But I kept on dealing with you, even though I knew it wasn't smart
Because I felt so incomplete every time we were apart
Time went on, and the knife went in deep
You were what I didn't want to be without, but also what I didn't want to keep
Eventually, something had to give
Going back and forth was no way for either of us to live
In time you went your way, and I went mine
At first I felt some serious pain, but eventually I was fine
I can't honestly say that I don't have some regrets
But I can say that my time with you is something that I never want to forget...
© All Textual Rights Reserved by Kristiana Bennett

Dedicated to MA also known as BG :-)

No comments: